Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Razzle Shuffle

We finally got Razzle's gait on video. We are pretty sure that he is an Icelandic Horse based on the gait, his size and his color. His gait definitely looks and feels like the tolt. We are working on getting him to canter and doing the flying pace that Icelandics are known for. He's a smooth thing (the rider's shoulders don't move at all) and should move out a lot more now that he has shoes on the front. His gait is pretty quick. When we free longe him and Jet in the ring, Jet canters to keep up.

video

2 comments:

Judy said...

I have several "identify the gait" videos on youtube as I have the gaitedhorse list on yahoogroups. We like to study gaits.

Do you have a video that is more closeup?

Thanks!

Judy

CTG Ponies said...

I don't have a more close up video right now. I can see what I can come up with. Please feel free to e-mail me. If you click on My Profile, you will find a link for e-mail.


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails