Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Saddle Woes...

I was so excited that my Boz saddle was going to arrive yesterday via UPS. Craig called me and told me that my box got there and he unpacked it for me. I asked him to take pics and send to me right away as I was still at work. The saddle is beautiful and looks cool but...it has the wrong seat. I ordered Western cut sheepskin but it came with English cut sheepskin. The older Boz saddle that I owned had the English cut and, for me, the flap was a little too long. It would rub the ankle of my boots and my stirrups were almost under the flap. THIS IS A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!! I waited for 4 1/2 months and I had hoped to ride in this saddle, right out of the box. I left messages for Boz and sent an e-mail. I felt almost sick about it as this was a HUGE amount of money for me to spend on a saddle and it seemed to take forever (he did send me a free halter bridle since it took so long for the saddle). I spoke to Boz about 9:30 PM our time last night (he's in California) and he apologized profusely. He put the wrong seat on it. He is issuing a call tag for UPS to pick up the saddle, will fix it right away and send it back. So it looks like I won't be riding in the saddle for another month. SIGH...I'll just have to wait...maybe I'll have it in time for my birthday in September...

No comments:


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails