Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009!

2008 is finally over! We have done a lot this year with the horses - we moved from the barn we were renting (not the nicest place and the MUD was horrific) back to Eleanor's where our horses have thrived. We've gone through a few project ponies until we found the right one. We lost my dear old man, Diego. I still miss him a lot and look back fondly on all his quirks. I cried for days when he died. The family is great. T did absolutely awesome with showing (who knew that Jet would be so awesome for gaming?!?). We lost 2 dogs and gained 2 new ones. Work was hectic but rewarding - my second promotion in 2 years.

I hope that 2009 brings more new experiences for us to enjoy, some new friends and continued good health!

2 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful and sad year, too.
So sorry about Diego :(
How long did you have him and old was he?
Will you be getting anymore horses?
~Lisa
New Mexico

CTG Ponies said...

Diego was 28 and I had him for almost 8 years. He was my first horse and taught me and my daughter both how to ride. We have the 2 minis and 2 riding horses - a Mexican Mustang gelding and a POA mare. 4 is enough!


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails