Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Stills - the color Yellow

Initially I thought I was going to really have to work at this week's Sunday Stills challenge but then I started to see the color yellow everywhere. Since I have been participating in the Sunday Stills challenges along with Skywatch and My World Tuesday, I find myself looking at ordinary things differently and noticing things that I have never noticed before.


A daisy growing in the horse pasture
A clump of Buttercups in the horse pasture
A school bus that I see every day (the barn owner is the driver)
T's smiley face bracelet, taken in the truck on the way home from work
T's afternoon Fruit Loop snack, taken in the truck on the way home from work
Construction vehicles in the building lot near work
The petals of an iris

Check out other bloggers who participate in the Sunday Stills Challenge.

23 comments:

SighMan said...

Lovely yellows! To me, making the ordinary into something beautiful is what photography is about. You do it well :)

Ed said...

Very nice, the bracelet is cool..:-)

SandyCarlson said...

These are really wonderful.

The Wife said...

I think you nailed the yellow assignment! The Fruit Loop made me laugh!

WhimsybyMari said...

I am amazed, I too look at the world differently since SundayStills. Love all your yellow great shots.

moresecretwhispers said...

your photographs are so crisp
i like the composition in these

Carroll Baker said...

Love the smilies! Cool shots!

Wildblack said...

Cool shots! I like that fruit loop! SweeeeeT!! Looks like a yellow doughnut!CooL! :D

Jen Mo said...

Great job! I love the bracelet and the sunflower!

flowerweaver said...

I really like the bracelet, bus, and Iris petal shots! Thanks for sharing!

prairierunner said...

What a great variety, I find myself looking at things around me a lot closer too. I've been tempted to email Ed with endless suggestions but he seems to be doing fine without it :>)

Pony Girl said...

Fun Sunday Stills pictures, you were very creative! :) I love the buttercups. Those are toxic to horses, but the farm where my horse is is covered with them, because it is so damp. Luckily my horse won't eat them! I love your header picture, too!

J9 said...

The smiley face bracelet makes me smile!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Love the school bus shot!

~ Sara ~ said...

Great job! Love the bracelet...

VioletSky said...

Now that you've found yellow you could also participate in Mellow Yellow Mondays, just to fill out your weekend! And may I say, what a clean bus that is!

Strawberry Lane said...

Great photos. Love the sunflower in the pasture and the cool bracelet.

BTW ... happy to see you are also a lucky rider of a Tennessee Walker.

Kelly said...

Great photos...but now I'm craving some fruit loops :)

lisa said...

The school but was an awesome idea. The other ones were pretty nice also.

theegggather said...

Great job. Nice variety.

Regular Guy said...

Nice composition on the color yellow. Like the "tonka" vehicles and the daisy. Our daisy's haven't bloomed yet.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great series of photos! I really liked the bracelet, I found yellow everywhere too. I also look at the world differently with the photo challenges :)

Andrea said...

Love the texture in the center of the daisy...they are all great shots! :)


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails