Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My World Tuesday - Cichlids


One of the things that keeps us busy is lots and lots of fish. Craig and T are trying to breed Cichlids. I couldn't tell you what kind but T can go into lots of detail. We've had some fish eggs and babies but none that have survived. Until now...
This is a breeding pair of Cichlids that have laid eggs and nurtured the babies so we now have a whole bunch of small fish. The tricky part is figuring out when mommy and daddy decided they aren't babies anymore and they become fish food. With any luck, some of these babies will survive and we will have hybrid Cichlids.



To visit other bloggers and experience a piece of their world, check out My World Tuesday.

6 comments:

Mary Elizabeth said...

Thats nice, hope much of them survive.
Thanks for sharing your world.
Visit my world @Now and Then

Ed said...

Cool, but if I'm not mistaken Ciclids eat their young, keep an eye out..:-)

Floridacracker said...

Neat!
Good luck with that.
Gotta love fish!

Esther Garvi said...

Fish have always fascinated me but it's not a pet to keep in Africa, lol!

Arija said...

I think that is called positive feedback...LOL

Martha in PA said...

I just found out when I visited my nephews home (in Quakertown) for the first time since returning to PA, he raises these fish as well. They have ONE surviving baby, who seems to have found a great place to hid from the other fish so not to get eaten! He has a beautiful blue one (that I forgot I took a picture of!)


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails