Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My World Tuesday - Peaceful Percherons


In the field behind the Kutztown Produce Auction, there is a farm with a Percheron herd. Besides the two grays, there are about 5 of the black horses plus a yearling and a foal. This is a working farm and these horses are definitely used for farm work. They are well kept and in very good condition.

The horses were gracious enough to lines themselves up for a photo op. I imagine that the rock cluster under the tree is a favorite lounging spot to get out of the sun.



To visit other bloggers and experience a piece of their world, check out My World Tuesday.

7 comments:

dibear said...

WOW! What a beautiful picture. This may inspire a painting out of me. :) Great subjects.

Esther Garvi said...

I love how the white ones are in front and the black in the background! Beautiful!

Babooshka said...

I just love farm horses we have in the UK like Shire. Lovely natural scene.

Guy D said...

That shot is postcard material, beautiful.

Cheers
Guy
Regina In Pictures

finski said...

Now that is an awesome pic!!!!!! Any way I could talk you into letting me make a print of it to put in my tack room woman shack? (That is when I finally get to have one built!)

Arija said...

Nice horses, we have 5 horses here too for 3 girls! They are used for rouding up the sheep sometines when the grass is high.

Tracey said...

Great composition! That truly is one of those one in a million finds.


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails