Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Stills - Silhouettes

This week's Sunday Stills challenge is Silhouettes. The description:


This should be easy, just put yourself between your subject and the sun or bright object and shoot away. It can be anything……

Well it's not that easy when it rains all week and there's no sun ;)

This is my daughter riding Montero last weekend. I took a bunch of pics and video snippets that I ended at the top of the hill since I would be shooting directly into the sun in the late afternoon. And then I figured I would take one with the full rays of the sun just to see how it turned out. I really like the shot and I like the long shadow they created.

Check out other bloggers who participate in the Sunday Stills Challenge.

14 comments:

threecollie said...

So pretty! I like it too.

Ed said...

Very nice..:-)

The Wife said...

I think it's lovely!

Holly said...

good job!

Sherri said...

Lovely.

Paula said...

I really like the drops of sunrays you captured. Nice!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Interesting - neat sunburst!

Carroll Baker said...

Cool! I really like the sunflare!

Kelly said...

Some many interesting things with this photo - love it!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Interesting photo! I got a few with the sun bouncing all over making pretty spots of color.. :)

Paintsmh said...

Awesome! So much depth to it!

Quinn said...

I know it wasn't your subject but I love the texture that the grass has in this shot.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Looks dreamy!

Well done!

~Lisa

zulluzoe said...

Good work considering the weather.I also love the long shadows of your daughter and her horse in the afternoon sun.


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails