Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Stills - Tri Color

This week's Sunday Stills challenge is tri color - the more colors in the shot the better. Sounds simple, right?

Tuesday and Wednesday, I had a two day meeting for work that I coordinated that included people from 9 countries and which I planned for weeks. Everything went well but it was exhausting and I feel like I lost 2 days somewhere. Add to that 15 out of 20 days of rain for the month of June and I'm not feeling terribly inspired. My garden is water logged and falling over, there's no color except gray, even the horses are crabby from the rain. Ok, enough whining, on to the challenge...
This is my daughter riding the opening ceremony for last week's gymkhana. It rained (big surprise!) so the skies were gray but the trees and wildflowers lent a bit of color to the background. Plus she had a red, white and blue shirt with lots of fringe. Proud mama moment - she won Grand Champion in Youth Division for the night (highest amount of points).

This is also from last week's gymkhana. This is my friend, her husband, and her son. It was her son's very first horse show and he was dressed to the nines for it - cowboy hat (helmet to ride in), new boots, jeans, button down shirt and safety vest. I really like this picture for the simple reason that while it was absolutely pouring and they were completely soaked, the whole family had a blast and was all smiles. The parents were good sports and he thoroughly enjoyed his first show. He even slept with his ribbon that night (too cute!).

Something that you don't know about me, probably because I've never mentioned it, is that I make jewelry. I started a couple of years ago and I did a couple of craft shows but found that I am not a good salesperson for that kind of thing so I decided to shelf it for a while. It's sort of had a resurrection as of late so I have been busy creating. Everything is hand made with whatever materials I come across. This is the bin of single/left over beads that I rummage through from time to time.



Some of the bracelets that I've made
And finally, a jar of buttons
Check out other bloggers who participate in the Sunday Stills Challenge.

17 comments:

moresecretwhispers said...

i really like the macro bead photo!
sounds like you've been busy :)

p.s thanks for your comment ;)

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I love your button jar. You've got a lot of buttons in there. Can you ever find the right button though? I never can.

Congratulations to the winning riders. It sure makes them feel proud and justly so.

Ed said...

Very nice, love the buttons! it may have rained but don't forget cloudy skies and rain really bring out color..:-)

Martha in PA said...

Great photos. Funny, we are LOVING the rainy, cloudy days, 6 years of the Florida sunshine has turned us into MOLE people!!

SighMan said...

Got to love them buttons and beads! Sweet :)

VioletSky said...

Love the buttons. I've also tried making jewellery - but like you am no good at sales.
(And congrats to the winners!)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

The buttons were my favorite. Seems quite a few people chose flags as their subject. Maybe due to the upcoming holiday?

What fun...horses and rain and family and happy smiles!

~Lisa

thecrazysheeplady said...

Good shots - love the buttons!!!

gigi said...

Those were great pictures of Tri~color. I love buttons and have several jars full. Not sure why other than I just like looking at them :)

Have a great week. :)

Kelly said...

Very cool jewelry...and I never thought of digging out the button jar!

Patches said...

Well done! Love the shot of the family and too cute that he slept with his ribbon! Love it!

Andrea Baker said...

Great shots!!! being a crafter I totally love the beads and the buttons photo!

Martha said...

Great shots! You should link this entry up to my Color Carnival too :-)

Shirley said...

Well done, love the happy family in the rain!

zulluzoe said...

Wonderful photos and heartwarming story. I especially love the part where he slept with his ribbon :-) A big congrats to your daughter, a teriffic achievement.

SandyCarlson said...

Your colors are wonderful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great photos of some great kids! I have beads too and buttons..love to sift through them..love your buttons! :)


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails