Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Stills - Toys

This week's Sunday Stills Challenge - Toys.

Not a traditional toy but fun anyway!
The moon bounce at Buxmont Riding Club's picnic yesterday.

We don't have a whole lot of toys per se but my version of a "toy" is my Boz custom endurance saddle. It took almost 6 months to make. I splurged on it and it cost more than I paid for either horse. It is super lightweight and has a sheepskin seat.

This is me on Montero with the saddle.

The saddle on a rack

It has my name on a brass nameplate and it also has my initials in the tooling plus it has a built in compass which is pretty cool even though I don't know how to use it (I use my Garmin eTrex).

Tooling

Check out other bloggers who participate in the Sunday Stills Challenge.

16 comments:

Ed said...

Very nice tooling on the saddle...:-)

moresecretwhispers said...

eeeeeeeeeeee the jumping castle looks fun :)

Ebie said...

I blog here.
You ride with comfort and style. Love the details and the tooling is great.

The Wife said...

I think your toy is very cool.

Tammy said...

What an interesting saddle. Not sure I've heard that brand before. Must google it. Loved the pics of the tooling.

lisa said...

My kind of toy!! Nothing beats a nice saddle!! I don't rope, but my saddle is a roping saddle and I love it. Very comfortable, even if it does weigh 50 pounds!!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Interesting saddle!

Kelly said...

Beautiful! Well worth every dime!

Holly said...

cool

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oooh! Your saddle looks so comfy cushy for both you and the horse. Sweeeet! So pretty!

My kidlets love those moon bouncingy things. They also jump on our trampoline several times a day. I used to before my knee surgery. I wonder if I'll ever be able to do that again...

~Lisa

Lori Skoog said...

That saddle looks gorgeous and comfy!

J9 said...

Now that's som eserious tooling! Looks like you could ride all day and night on it!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great looking saddle! :)

Quinn said...

Love the lighting in the last shot!

Andrea Baker said...

I love the close up of the saddle. Such details!!! Great job!

Shirley said...

Nothing like having your toys custom built! Looks comfy.


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails