Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday Stills - Wildflowers

This week's Sunday Stills Challenge is wildflowers - no flower gardens, botanical gardens, hanging baskets, etc. We are lucky enough to have a turf farm that edges the horse pasture so I had a pretty good bunch of flowers to choose from. Plus Craig and T took some pics along the creek while I was at work so this was a family affair. I don't know all of these flowers but will note the ones that I do.

No idea about the flower but the spider was a bonus
Honeysuckle

I think this is a cornflower

Some kind of wild daisy that grows everywhere
Wild Raspberries - the horses love these

I think this is a flowering weed

Wild Yarrow

Queen Anne's Lace

A cluster of all different kinds of clover
No idea but the flowers look like strawberry flowers

Check out other bloggers who participate in the Sunday Stills Challenge.

17 comments:

Martha in PA said...

Great pictures. I was photographing wildflowers (aka weeds) by the Lansdale train station yesterday.. Queen Anne's Lace, cornflowers, etc! I love the color of cornflowers.

Pacey said...

Wow, a lot of wild beautiful flowers. All are lovely shots.

dibear said...

Wow!! You have a great selection. Loved them all.

chloe said...

very nice photos
the bugs are a nice touch :)

Ed said...

Great shots, the spider is a true bonus..:-)

gtyyup said...

What an assortment...they are all beautiful and nicely done!

Janice said...

Great pics. I think all of those shots are stuff we don't get around here. I love that Sky blue one.

Holly said...

great job, look at the delicate coloring on that last one!

Shirley said...

Really nice collection of flowers! Especially like that colour of blue.

thecrazysheeplady said...

All good - love the spider too!

WhimsybyMari said...

the blue is Chicory and the pink is Crown Vetch, very lovely pictures love the one with the spider.

Tammy said...

I can almost smell the honeysuckle! I used to have them at my old place. Had forgotten how pretty they are. Thanks for sharing. Hoped you enjoyed your ride!

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

The Chicory (corn flower) is my favorite of all flowers, we have them all over our fields, my favorite color...you took some great photos!

flowerweaver said...

Yes, the spider is a nice touch! I like the last one best, but I don't know what it is either. If it makes fruit let us know!

CTG Ponies said...

WhimsybyMari - thanks for clueing me in on the Chicory and Crown Vetch. I see them all the time and haven't got a clue.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow.So many different kinds of wildflowers! I like all the critters hiding on them. hehe!

~Lisa

SandyCarlson said...

These are gorgeous!


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails