Monday, March 29, 2010

Macro Monday - Garden Visitor

Craig was moving some plants around and cleaning up in the garden when he came across a snake.  He grabbed the camera since I didn't have any shoes on and wasn't about to get close to the snake.  I believe this is a rat snake.



He grabbed a stick and moved the snake very carefully away from the houses and closer to the woods.  Mr. Snake was not a happy camper and decided to show Craig how mean he could be.

Humans and snake parted company and no harm came to either species.

11 comments:

Ishtar said...

Wow! Snakes are really not my thing, so I'm glad there are so few of them in Niger...

moresecretwhispers said...

arhhh not a nice visitor!

Ed said...

Very cool!!! Garden snake are'nt poisionous. I probably would have been nose to nose with him..;-)
cuddos to craig for getting the pics..

colleen said...

Better Craig than me! Good shots though.

dibear said...

Craig - The hero. My hubby would have killed himself getting away from it! Great pictures. :)

Holly said...

Awww, cute lil guy! He was probably scared to death.

flowerweaver said...

Glad you got some pics and that everything ended happily!

Intense Guy said...

I have found using those utensils for picking corn on the cob out of the pot to work good on snakes... They keep getting into my garage.

I like the Easter docor on your blog!!

lisa said...

Rat snake is right, I remember my daughter one day coming in the house to tell me there was a big snake in the flower bed and I looked at her like she was seeing things until I went out and looked and by gosh is was, a lot bigger than a gardner snake that is for sure.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Those are some cool pics. He may not be poisonous....but he can still bite! eeek!

Must be pretty warm there for the snakes to come out already.

~Lisa

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am just a little ssscared of sssnakes..:(


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails