Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Stills - Barns

This week's Sunday Stills Challenge is Barns.  I was seriously short on time this week since we helped at the riding club to get ready for the start of show season and we had our own get-ready time.  We are lucky enough to live in an area that is rural and mostly farmland so there is an abundance of barns.  These are from my archives.

Field stone foundation for an old barn

Dairy farm across from Kutztown Produce Market

Pennsylvania Bank Barn, used for horses

Abandoned barn that will be torn down to make way for a school


You can see other contributors to Sunday Stills here.

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Love these barns. My husband grew up in this area and the style of barn is very familiar.

Ann said...

Did you have a barn dance too? LOL

Ed said...

Very cool shots, LOVE the first one..:-)

lisa said...

Great pics, I love the third one!

Intense Guy said...

I think in addition to seeing more horses than I ever have this weekend, I saw more barns too on my way over to the Riding Club.

Some of your barns look like they might have ghosts.

Linda said...

You've got some very interesting barns in your neck of the woods. I'd love to see the field stone foundation.

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

I loved your first picture, the old stone foundation, you dont get to see that very often! So very cool to get a photo of that

chasity said...

it makes me sad to hear of the old barn being tore down for progress' sake. glad you are getting some photos of it.

they are beautiful.

Sydney said...

Wonderful barn pictures!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great series of barns! Thanks for sharing! :)


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails