Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Stills - Flowers/Wildflowers

This week's Sunday Stills is Flowers/Wildflowers - in the garden, in the wild, in the house.  I haven't had much time to seek out wildflowers this week plus we've had a lot of rain so I settled for flowers blooming in my garden.

The second lilac in my garden to bloom.
I have three in front of my house that bloom sequentially - totally not planned but really cool

Dianthus (Sweet William)
These are supposed to bloom every other year but they come up like clock work each spring

Climbing Hydrangea on my back fence
When we first planted this, it didn't seem to do well.  
It's totally exploding this year.

All of these were taken with my new camera.  I'm still figuring out how to use it but it's so much fun!

You can view other Sunday Still participants here.

19 comments:

chloephotography said...

very pretty gina

Ed said...

Very nice shots, I love the smell of lilacs..:-)

lisa said...

Don't you just love this time of year? Very pretty!

dibear said...

These are all really nice. My hydranga is finally growing this year. It's been in the ground for three yrs now! Lilacs have a special place in my heart as I grew up playing under my grandmother's two lilac bushes. :)

gigi said...

So pretty :)
What kind of new camera did you get?

Holly said...

lovely!

colleen said...

You're doing wonderful with the new camera so far. Great shots.

Lori Skoog said...

Aren't macro shots and flowers great together?

WildBlack said...

nicely done! :D

Shirley said...

The lilacs look like french lilacs. I love the last photo! I like the post below with the old buildings, looks like you are having fun with your new camera.

gtyyup said...

Super Gina! Fun challenge huh? Enjoy the horse show!

Tammy said...

Lilacs are my favorite. Always hate to see them go.

theegggather said...

Very nice shots. The hydrangea looks like it is doing well now. They can be kind of tempermental at times. I have an oakleaf hydrangea that I thought was next to dead summer befor last and this year it is giving me lots of new babies all around. They are almost ready to open too. Are yours early this year? Great job.

Brenda said...

all so very pretty. Love the sweet William.

J9 said...

really like the hydrangea the water on the leaves is lovely!

Janice said...

Nice shots.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oooh! So pretty! You're so lucky to have such beautiful flowers growing nearby. Weeds are about the only thing that grows well around here. lol!

Nice shots!

~Lisa

Regular Guy said...

Very nice shots, lots of colors.

Intense Guy said...

I can almost smell them all - and they smell wonder this year.

I hope you enjoy many hours exploring your new camera.


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails