Thursday, May 13, 2010

Test Shots with the new Camera


I get to cross off an item from my Photography Bucket List - I upgraded to a digital SLR camera!  It's my "Mothers Day-Birthday-Anniversary-Christmas-all other holidays" gift.  Craig and I did some shopping online and we ordered an Olympus E520 that came with the standard 14-42 mm f3.5-5.6 lenses plus a 40-150 mm f4.0-5.6 lens.  It's the smallest and lightest DSLR in its class (awesome for me and very comfortable to hold) and is the only one in my price range where you could take pics using the LCD screen or the viewfinder.  We also ordered some accessories that have yet to arrive (extra lens cap, larger memory card, UV filters, a soft lens hood) but the camera arrived Tuesday afternoon.  Craig plugged in the battery for me so it would be charged when I got home from work.  Figuring out all the bells and whistles, lenses and settings is a bit overwhelming but I'll get the hang of it eventually.  I didn't have a lot of time to really play around with it but I'm really looking forward to getting outside and just wandering around taking pics.  I took quite a few test pics of the dogs using the flash.  These are the best ones.

Bandit reminds me of Wil-E Coyote

Zoey isn't bothered by the flash like Bandit is

The focal point is off on this one but I thought I did pretty good since I was laying on the floor
I was really hoping she wouldn't lick the lense

6 comments:

The Wife said...

woohoo! Have fun with all your new goodies! That's really exciting.

Sydney said...

Lens filters are your best friend. They will protect your lens (the most important part) from dust and scratcher. Don't go out withoutone.

prairierunner said...

WOOHOO! I'm so happy for you! So far the pic's are great...keep them coming.

CTG Ponies said...

Thanks! I haven't had more than a hour total to really do much but it's been fun figuring stuff out. The 2GB memory card, lens filters and spare lens cap have shipped and should be here in the next day or 2. I'm really excited to try out the new camera for this Saturday's gymkhana.

Intense Guy said...

Your "old camera" took some great shots - since the person operating it takes good pictures and has good subjects out in front.

:) I'm just jealous... I've been wanting one of these for a while... and its gonna be a long while longer...

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Congrats on your new fancy camera. But never forget, it's the person behind the lens that has all the talent....and that would be you.
You took great pictures with your other camera, so you'll probably do just as well with this one :)


~Lisa


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails