Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Life goes on

A heartfelt thank you for everyone's support in the loss of Jet.  It totally sucks but life does indeed go on.  I have a child who is grieving in her own way, a husband, a job, and other critters that need attention and care.  Zip and Kali are adjusting to being a pair and we will adapt to the hole that Jet left in our lives.  We had a horse show on Saturday afternoon which was all the more difficult in that we were planning on bringing Jet along with Kali for that show.  We were a little concerned that Zip would be ok by himself but he did just fine.  We got home about 10 PM.  It was hot and humid with a mist over the pond and thousands upon thousands of fireflies.  It was pretty cool to be able to stand in the mist shrouded pasture with the two horses in the dark.  T gave Zip a big old hug which I'm sure will help to heal her heart. 

Thank you again to everyone.

2 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh my goodness. I've been so busy and am so far behind and have no idea what happened, so I need to go catch up over here with you.

My heart dropped when I saw that something had happened to Jet. Oh man, I'm so sorry!

(((((((((hugs)))))))))))
~Lisa

Intense Guy said...

I'm sure Zip appreciated that hug...

...the fireflies in the mist over the pond ... sounds so spiritual.


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails