Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Stills - Black and White

This week's Sunday Stills Challenge is Black and White.  I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of black and white (I love color) but some photos really lend themselves to it.  Here are my choices for this week:

Black and white dog (Bandit) in the grass

Original


Japanese Red Maple in my garden

Original


Birdhouse in my garden.  Chickadees are making a nest in it.

Original

Ok, so I cheated a little on this one. 
I boosted the fade up just a little bit to get a smidgeon of color in the leaves. 
I like it so much better than full black and white.

Original

You can view other Sunday Stills participants here

17 comments:

chloephotography said...

bandit looks great, perhaps a little more contrast for the 2nd photo would have boosted it just a little
well done

Mellimaus said...

This is the third collie I've seen on Sunday Stills this morning :) They're all adorable, of course.
Very nice shots; I like the tree shot with the boosted fade.

colleen said...

A black and white in B/W! Lovely little Bandit!

Lori Skoog said...

Good idea, showing the black and white then the color. Love Johnny Be Good!

Brenda said...

love your choices! I love them all, but the road and bird house do look better in black and white. They take me back a few years!

-my husband grows cotton- said...

Lovely shots, especially of Bandit :)

lisa said...

All are very nice!

flowerweaver said...

I like the little boost of color in the landscape as well!

threecollie said...

All very nice, but the dog is perfect...black and white twice over. lol

Intense Guy said...

Its really cool what you can do with your photos and a computer these days!

:) You start with great pictures and made some cool "clones".

I like the "faded" trees along the road... gives it an old-timey faded look.

Linda said...

Nicely done...I like the leaves.

dibear said...

Love the shot of Bandit. :)

dibear said...

Love the shot of Bandit. :)

Regular Guy said...

Nice black and white shots. I like the faded picture too, add a cool feel to it.

Janice said...

Well done, it's not cheating it's called creative leeway.

Ed said...

Nice collection of shots..:-)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oooooh! Such a clever technique in that last photo. They're all great, though!


~Lisa


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails