Tuesday, July 20, 2010

4th Show of the Season - DONE!

We had Buxmont's 4th gymkhana of the season on Saturday.  T did awesome on Zip!  She's been working really hard on getting him used to moving around objects and working the patterns.  He got a time in Keyhole for the first time ever and ran his fastest time so far in Barrels.

Bend and Jump

T-Bone

Wild Lark

Keyhole

Poles

Double Bowtie

Barrels


Placings:
Bend and Jump - no time
T-Bone - 1st place
Wild Lark - 2nd place
Keyhole - 4th place
Poles - 5th place
Double Bowtie - 1st place
Barrels - 4th place

I did confirm with the club president that she earned enough points to tie for Reserve Champion for the night and she adds to her year end points.

We are working with Zip on standing still for T to mount and walking quietly into the ring.  He did manage to catch my foot when I was leading him in and knocked me down so my toes are a lovely shade of purple, I'm pretty sure I broke at least one and I'm banged up on my other knee.  We've got some more work to do at the ingate.  We did bring Kali with us but she was having an off night so we scratched her and let her hang at the trailer and snack on hay.

2 more shows to go for the season!

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Ouch! Your poor foot! You are really dedicated to hang in there and take pictures after a bruising like that!

Hopefully you are on the mend - and do so quickly.

You can see that T has her hands full in these pictures.

Ed said...

Congrats on the great finishes and really cool action shots..:-)

CTG Ponies said...

Iggy, Zip is fabulous in the ring and absolutely wasn't giving her a hard time. It's outside of the ring where he gets anxious. I couldn't ask for a more responsive horse for her and a friend commented that he seems to like his job. He's improving by leaps and bounds. My foot will be ok - he didn't mean to step on me and backed up quickly when he realized he did, he's just a doofus.

Ed - thanks! I'm loving the DSLR camera. A bit dusty for clear pics though.

colleen said...

I can't say I know a whole lot about timed events, but I do know an amazing horse when I see one!

congrats to T!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! They look great together. He looks FAST!
That poles photo is amazing!

~Lisa


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails