Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rosie, One Month Later

I can't believe that it's been a month already!!  This little pony has come a long way in a short time.  She has gained a remarkable 65 pounds and doesn't even resemble the skinny little thing that stepped off the trailer.  She is sweet and very friendly and we are starting to see more of her personality.  I took her for a walk the other day and I guess I was standing still chatting for too long since she reached around and nipped me in the butt (yes, I corrected her for it).  It was her not-so-subtle way of telling me to get moving.  She's definitely a people pony.  She's the first one to greet you and will hang out with you in the pasture.  I am still taking pics of her weekly to chronicle her progress.  She's going to be a stock, sturdy pony when she's at her full weight.

She wanted to see what I was doing and she was 
keeping track of the horses in the shed behind her.
The hair on her face is growing back and you can just 
about see the little white star on her forehead.

Her ribs are barely visible and she's actually got some substance to her

 Wondering what I was doing back there
 

We're off to the tent sales at various tack stores this weekend.  I'm starting a mental list of the things that we need for the coming fall and winter.

6 comments:

One Red Horse said...

I see a definite smile on Rosie's face. I am always amazed at what at the magical effect of a little food and love. Rosie is just lovely.

lisa said...

You are doing a great job! Have fun shopping!

Birdman said...

Cool shots!

Sydney_bitless said...

Shes gonna be a sturdy girl isn't she. What a sweetheart.

Intense Guy said...

She's a beautiful animal already. I love her deep horse brown color.

gtyyup said...

You're doing a wonderful job with her...she looks sooooo much better...so happy!!! Blessings to you for helping her~


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails