Thursday, September 23, 2010

Annie has moved on

Not in a bad way....

The past few weeks have been absolutely crazy for us with the start of school, the winding down of the show season, 4H, work, life in general.  The horses and the barn are usually my therapy.  I like to go out to the field and just hang out with them or bring them in and groom them.  I absolutely love riding but I don't have as much time as I would like to ride.  When we got Annie, I had hoped that she would settle in with our herd and our family.  She's a different type of horse than the ranch horses and Quarter Horses that I'm used to and we just didn't seem to click.  I started to realize that she needed more time than I have to give to her and maybe we weren't a good fit.  We sat down and talked about what we should do.  I had very mixed feelings - I loved riding her and she was a lot of fun but I was concerned that she needed more from me.  I decided this week to list her for sale.  Yesterday a very nice couple came to see her and really liked her so she left for her new home.  They will be using her as a trail horse on their 100-acre property.  They liked her energy and felt that she could keep up with the Peruvian Paso that they wife usually rides.  I wish her well in her new home with her new owners and I hope they enjoy her as much as I have.  Craig kissed her on the nose for me to say goodbye.


And so the herd is now three branded ranch horses....

2 comments:

gtyyup said...

Sounds like you made the right decision...but it's always hard to see them leave.

Intense Guy said...

When you get time - hopefully you can ride her once more on those 100 acres of trails...


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails