Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pennsylvania Dutch Barn

Some of my favorite things about living in this part of Pennsylvania are the old farms and buildings that have been around for generations.  The barns in this area are typically bank barns with field stones foundations and wood slat sides.  They are usually painted red with white or off white trim and decorated with hex signs.

This particular barn is located in Lehigh County and has been restored to all of its original glory.  If the walls could talk, I'm sure there would be stories to tell!

5 comments:

lisa said...

I sure do agree with you about the barns!

Misfit in Paradise said...

I miss the red barns. Down here they are all black.

Linda said...

Our barns look like poor people compared to the gorgeous ones that you've got down there.

Gail said...

First, I love this song!

Second, if I had a barn that beautiful, I would probably live in it myself.

Intense Guy said...

Wow! That was one heck of a restoration! So nice!


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails