Monday, November 1, 2010

Macro Monday - The Last Rose of Summer


Wow, this weekend flew by!  I didn't have time to get the pics I wanted for Sunday Stills but did get other things accomplished.  I can't believe it's November already.  The horses are all getting fuzzy, growing their winter coats and enjoying the cooler weather.  Roo spent about 10 minutes running laps and bucking in the pasture with Zip yesterday when T tried to catch him.  Even Rosie joined in the fun with a gallop across the field.  We are getting the barn ready for winter - putting the windows back in over the grates, filling in any gaps that will create drafts, making sure nothing leaks and making room for more hay.  The clocks change this coming week which means I will leave for work in the dark and drive home in the dark.  The only upside is that I get to see some glorious sunrises.

7 comments:

dibear said...

Lovely. :)

My roses are all in bloom again as well. The seem to love the cooler weather.

Ed said...

Beautiful shot, I did roses from my mom's garden on my MM today..:-)

gtyyup said...

Gorgeous!!! I've never been able to get a rose bush to do much...you've got the touch!

chloephotography said...

very lovely, nice soft depth of field as well
your macros are definitly gettig better & better each time

snapperoni said...

Such a gentle, dainty colour!

I'd like something like this in my house!

CTG Ponies said...

Thanks! I can't take the credit for the success of this rose. It's at the farm and has suffered from benign neglect all summer. It just did its thing with very little help from humans.

Intense Guy said...

Having been away in "the south" for a week - today is the first "frosty" feels like winter day I've had.

Brrrrrr... maybe I'll head back south...


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails