Saturday, November 6, 2010

Snapping Pics

3 day weekend and busy, as usual!  Off to the hay auction today and Monday.

Every year for the last 7 years, Timbertalk Trotters 4H Horse Club holds a charity trail ride in Green Lane Park with 100% of the proceeds going to Shriner's Hospital for Children.  T is now part of this club and the club is very active in community service.  I have offered to donate my time on Sunday taking photos of the ride and the ride participants.  Photos will be donated for the club's use and for the scrap book that they create and enter for the fair every year.  I will also be creating an online gallery for riders to order prints from.  I'm hoping to have the pics up for viewing by the beginning of next week.

I will not be riding as I am not sure that I can manage my camera and ride Rooster at the same time.  He's very well trained and neck reins really well but I feel like we are still getting to know each other and I'm not sure how he will be in open field (I've ponied Zip from his back and he did just fine, even though Zip is about 6 inches taller).  My Olympus E520 camera is the smallest DSLR made but it's still bigger than a point and shoot and I don't want to run the risk of damaging the camera (or falling off).  The weather forecast is calling for 50 and sunny so hopefully it won't be too chilly for the riders when they start at 10 AM.  I'm hoping to get some good shots of the park as well.  I'll post pics as soon as I can.

4 comments:

Sam said...

Sometimes it is best to walk and take photos - especially if they are depending on you. I've fallen off and landed on the camera - which is really, really painful!

Sam

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Sounds very exciting. Too bad you can't ride but it's better if you just concentrate on the photography.
Have a great time!

Intense Guy said...

Hope you enjoyed your weekend out with the horses!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

It's fun to ride, but often just as fun to focus on photography, too. Sometimes you are able to catch that one amazing shot. I hope you have a great time, as did the entire group.

~Lisa

word verif: trots

It's challenging when your horses trots and you're trying to focus the camera. :)


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails