Saturday, January 29, 2011

Feeding Time

We feed morning and night with free choice hay available (the bale holder and round bale are just outside of the pic to the left).  The horses have a set routine and specific spots where they eat and the buckets are fed in a specific order.  The balance of the universe is off if anything is changed :)  Zip gets completely confused and it creates chaos. 


Zip eats closest to the barn and run in shed, next the water tub, and his bucket goes down first.  Next is Rooster, then Maccabee, and Rosie last.  So far, this works well and everyone finishes about the same time.  Even in the snow, the routine is the same. I can't wait for spring!

5 comments:

Gail said...

Spring is one day closer.

Shirley said...

Spring fever seems to be hitting everyone these last couple of days! My broodmare is slipping a little hair-won't be long now!

lisa said...

I do the same, and it is pretty easy with just two horses as Sirocco always get his first and then Annie. Looks like you have more or just about the same amount of snow as we do.

dibear said...

I'm with you, I'm over winter already! I think its the above average amount of snow we've received this year. This weekend is beautiful though...64 degrees yesterday!!

Lori Skoog said...

I love the set up you have for your horses.


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails