Friday, January 14, 2011

Ouch

Well, I had a really cool photo picked out for today's Skywatch but never got to it.  Someone ran a stop sign last night on my way home from work and crossed right in front of me.  I slammed on the brakes but there was no where to go and we had a wreck.  My poor Jeep looks like an accordian on the front end and pieces of it ended up under the car.  The airbag deployed and I had my seat belt on.  The 2 people in the other car were ok and declined getting checked out by the EMTs.  I ended up going to the hospital to get checked out since I was hurting.  Had x-rays done on both knees, my hip and my neck. Nothing broken but very sore today.  I'm spending the day on the couch with pain meds and the dog.  I'm pretty sure my car is totaled.

8 comments:

colleen said...

So sorry about the accident. Thank goodness you are only sore. Hope you feel better soon!

Intense Guy said...

Ouch! That's enough to ruin your whole day and then some.

I'm glad it wasn't the other way around - meaning you getting hit on the doorside - and that everyone walked away.

Hope you feel better soon and nothing serious was damaged internally. I hope the insurance company behaves and gets your new ride quickly.

The Wife said...

Just glad you are okay. Take it easy this weekend.

Linda said...

Glad you're okay and I hope you stay okay and there are no issues later. Take is easy!

lisa said...

Oh my, glad it wasn't worse! You take care of yourself and rest!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

So sorry to hear that happened to you. I'll bet you're super sore. As soon as the sun came out here and the snow melted, people started driving like maniacs. It's like a backlash from cabin fever or something. It makes me afraid to hit the road.

gtyyup said...

How terrible...hope you get mended quickly and there aren't any prolonged effects. Keep us posted~

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you are on the mend soon..you were lucky that you weren't injured seriously..Take Care:)


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails