Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sunday Stills - Your Best Shot of 2010

This week's Sunday Stills Challenge is Your Best Shot of 2010.  As soon as I saw this challenge, I knew which picture I wanted to use.

I chose this one not because it's a great shot (it's not - it's grainy because of the lighting and I was using my old point and shoot camera) but because of the subject matter.  I took this as the sun was setting less than a week before Jet died on June 11th.  It shows the relationship that T had with him - they were truly a team.  She could go out in the pasture and just hang out with him.  I was absolutely heartsick when he had to be euthanized and we all greatly miss him.



View other challenge participants here.

18 comments:

lisa said...

Very nice! Happy New Year.

Ed said...

It is a fantastic shot, I hope its framed and on a wall..:-))
Happy New Year..

robinsnest3 said...

Photography is about emotion...at least that's what I think. :) So, this definitely fits into your best shot.

Gail said...

Beautiful shot.

Happy New Year!

Janice said...

It's an excellent shot and I'm with Ed....

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sometimes it is all about the subject matter..and you captured a lovely moment in time! :)

finski said...

Beautiful!

Intense Guy said...

I think you can see how it was a special moment to Jet.. he stopped munching something delicious and just absorbs the love that hug T is giving him.

The graininess actually adds to the image... its like a film stopped at a fleetingly brief moment in time... and you got the absolute best frame.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Such a bittersweet photo. Makes me miss him today. (((hugs))

Nicely done,
~Lisa

Happy New Year from New Mexico!

gtyyup said...

Perfect shots aren't alway the best...it's the content. You made a great choice~

thecrazysheeplady said...

Very nice. I'm glad you caught it.

Shirley said...

It's a perfect shot.

Oregon Equestrian said...

What a wonderful keepsake.

dibear said...

So very touching. Love is written all over that pictures. :)

Regular Guy said...

thanks for sharing such a meaningful photo. Happy New Year.

flowerweaver said...

It will always be a cherished shot. Lovely on all accounts. Wishing you and Happy New Year!

Brenda said...

wonderful memories. yes, I agree, perfect photo to hang on the wall.

Rising Rainbow said...

I think it's a beautiful shot. Seems like a lot os wonderful horses were lost in 2010. Sorry to hear that one of them was yours.


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails