Saturday, January 8, 2011

Yesterday's Commute to Work

We had a clipper system come through yesterday morning just in time for my morning commute to work.  The snow started at around 5 AM and made an ordinarily 45 minute ride to work take twice as long.  I left at 6:30 AM and didn't get to work until 8 AM.  Most of the roads were snow covered, visibility was horrible and it was slow going.  I stuck to main roads instead of my usual back roads.  Luckily I made it to work with no issues and the snow stopped mid-morning.

Taken from my cell phone at around 7 AM
This is actually a main road







More snow predicted for the weekend and during next week.
How many more days until Spring????

4 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I hate commutes like that. Here in New Mexico, I would have stayed home a couple of extra hours and gone in around 10ish. Once it stops snowing, the sun usually comes out and the roads will clear off by mid morning. Or, hopefully, at least the sander trucks would have passed by then.

Gail said...

Too many days til spring and I have no snow!

Linda said...

It's so bad here today we couldn't even get to the river to feed the cows yet. I am SO ready for spring.

Rising Rainbow said...

I don't know how many days but I suspect that this weird weather will carry over into spring so me, I'm longing for summer. LOL


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails