Monday, February 7, 2011

Catching Up

I feel like I am perpetually playing catch up.  I have been trying to at least read blog updates and comments but please know that even if I don't get the chance to comment on your blog, I'm still here.  I do read everything and I e-mail when I can.  And on top of a busy schedule, I have a stupid cold.  I guess it's the universe's way of telling me to slow down (or forcing me to).

January was quite the whirlwind month.  I kind of feel like we got blindsided.  The winter weather held off for the most part for December (cold but not much snow) but we had a ton of things going on - my stepfather's wedding, 4H holiday dinner, Buxmont holiday dinner, crunch time at work followed by Christmas and New Years.  And then all hell broke loose on the weather front.  It seems not a week went by (more like 3-4 days) without something - rain, sleet, freezing rain, ice, high winds, snow, subzero temps.  The weather made having horses quite the challenge although they did just fine.  In between storms, I had an accident on the way home from work and totalled my Jeep.  I spent several days working from home because of the weather.  T's school schedule was a mess - in a 3 week period (15 weekdays), she had 3 regular full days of school - 1 planned holiday, 1 planned early dismissal, 5 snow days, plus several weather related early dismissal/delayed openings.  Somewhere in between all that, we were supposed to have a school meeting to review her classes for 10th grade.  It's scheduled for tonight but had been postponed twice (here's hoping 3rd times the charm).  I did receive the payout for my totalled Jeep and was able to get another car so that's a huge relief. 

February is also busy but not nearly so much as January.  As I was driving to work milling over this blog post and my things-to-do list, I noticed the beautiful pink sunrise.  It's amazing how a little bit of sun can brighten your whole world.

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I hope things settle down soon for you - almost time to "smell the Roses" (not Rosie).

Linda said...

Oh can I ever relate to this post! Catch up and drift in has been what I've been up to. At least February is short eh?

gtyyup said...

I'm not nearly as busy as you and I can't keep up with all the blog reading...no worries!!!

What a relief to get the money to buy a new vehicle...so glad that you weren't injured.

Take care and look forward to spring!

morningbrayfarm said...

The sun, the light, the colors... they make all the difference in the world... I agree. :)

I feel your frustration... same things going on here. And the cold (a-choo cold!)... Don and I both have been sick over the last couple of weeks. It was awful. Hope you're feeling better.

Carolynn said...

Don't forget to breathe. *smile*

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I agree! January just seemed to roar right on by and I've been harboring a cold with tons of chest congestion for over 2 months now. I'm literally sick of it.

I've had no time or energy for a lot of blogging, so I'm way behind reading my blog. I'm still not up for it, but try to read a post here and there.
I hope things look up soon.
blah!

((((hugs)))
~Lisa


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails