Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fun in the Snow

I finally got a chance to ride on Sunday.  I wanted to make sure that all of the soreness was gone.  The sun actually came out and we had a slow melt (dropped into the teens again at night).  So I tacked Rooster up with the sheepskin bareback pad.  I was bundled up - fleece breeches with quilted breeches over them, Columbia snow boots and my big parka.  Combined with Rooster's winter hair, we make quite the pair :)

Walk/trot/canter in the ring.  We mostly trotted in the snow.
Watch out - wide load

Heading up the hill

Up top in the deep snow

Down near the barn

I let Rooster have his head but the snow was pretty deep and he didn't really want to go much faster.  And then we trotted back down.  Not a terribly long ride but it was awesome!

1 comment:

Intense Guy said...

I'm glad you are healed up after that accident.

:) I was thinking - next up, helmet cam!


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails