Saturday, June 25, 2011

Riding

Things have been so busy that I haven't had many opportunities to ride and it's been very hot and humid so the motivation factor is out the window.  I did get the opportunity to ride Rocky with just a bareback pad on Thursday.  We are working on turning and staying in a consistent gait and I think that whoa is his favorite thing to do.  What a great little horse!  

Today is the pointed Bits and Pieces 4H Show.  T has to show at least one pointed 4H show as a requirement for Round Up so this will be one more thing to cross off the list.  She will be riding Zip in Barrels, Poles and Keyhole.  I hope the thunderstorms hold off and she has fun!

Riding in the 4H ring after Grooming & Showmanship

Tomorrow we are planning a morning trail ride in the woods.  Should only bean easy one and then maybe some more work with Rocky but I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

lisa said...

Have fun and hopefully you get to go on that ride!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Keyhole was my favorite event as a youth. I was able to do a rollback on a horse that didn't even know what one was called. That's the cool thing about gymkhana. My horse could do flying lead changes during pole bending, rollbacks in the keyhole race, and gallup full out on demand. What fun!


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails