Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Stills - Black & White or Sepia

This week's Sunday Stills Challenge is Black & White or Sepia.  I'm trying to get pics taken for each week's Sunday Still but it seems sometimes that I just can't get there...Anyway, back to Black & White or Sepia.

I'm not a huge fan of Black & White/Sepia (I really like vivid colors) but I thought this pic really lent itself to monochromatic.  This is Zip spiffed up and braided for the 4H grooming & showmanship requirement.  Something caught his attention while he was waiting in his stall and he posed for me.  I love it.  He's not a classicly pretty or handsome horse but there's something about him.  He's come along way since he stepped off the trailer 2 years ago.

Original


Sepia

Black and White

View other Challenge participants here

11 comments:

chloephotography said...

aww so cute, i like the sepia one
it has slightly nicer toning

dibear said...

Zip looks great in all three different shots. :)

Wander Woman said...

Yep, I like the sepia one too! He's a nice looking horse from what I can see!

Jen

Fantastyk Voyager said...

All three look great! Isn't it amazing how such a simple thing like changing the color of a photo can make it special?

Just Ramblin' said...

I like them all. Those braids! I can never really decide if I like vibrant, b/w, or sepia the most. They all lend such different moods to a photo.

Shirley said...

A nice horse looks good no mater what color he's portrayed in ;0)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I'm not a huge fan of black and white or sepia, but they do seem to have their place. I really like the sepia pic of Zip. The red barn in the color photo is kind of distracting and the sepia puts all the attention on the horse and shows the details of his face and showcases his handsome coloring, too.

I like how you posted all 3 photos to compare or I wouldn't have noticed a difference.
Nice job!

~Lisa

Oregon Equestrian said...

Great pose. So hard to get both ears forward in sync.

The B&W and sepia give Zip a real classic appearance.

Ed said...

Great progression of the different tones, and Joan Jett to boot..:-))

Linda said...

I think I like the B & W the best which I don't often.

Brenda said...

I like the B&W. I'm still getting used to the look of sepia shots.


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails