Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Saddles Optional

One of the things that I absolutely love about the horses that we have is that you can grab a bridle, brush off some of the dirt and just hop on, in the pasture, in the ring, on the trails.  I tend to ride bareback more than with a saddle, especially when it's cold out.  T and I got to ride both Saturday and Sunday which was awesome.  Saddles were definitely optional.  The new QH gelding is about as quiet as you can get and totally doesn't mind tooling around with no saddle.


T on the new guy

Me on the new guy




Saturday we took advantage of the empty pasture and rode Tiger and Dash around the field.  It was so much fun!


Me and Dash in the pasture

T and Dash crossing the creek

T and Tiger in the field

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Looks like fun. I should do this more often. I usually don't think of just plodding around the pasture as riding and think my mare will be bored to tears. But you don't always have to go out on the trails to enjoy a nice ride.

~Lisa


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails