Thursday, January 12, 2012

Goodbye

I have been reading blogs through Google Reader lately but haven't really been able to comment or write very many posts (mostly photos).  When I first starting writing this blog it was 2007, it was totally on a whim and I wondered what the heck I could possibly write about.  I have made some blogger friends, read some great stories and learned lots.

In November of 2011, Carmon Reyo of Life at Star's Rest lost her fight and left his world.  She left behind her husband and the animals that she loved so much.  It was with a heavy heart that I read about her passing.  I may not have known her in person but I got a glimpse of her life through her blog.

In December of 2011, I read updates on Chronicle of the Horse about Argus, the horse that was saved and his life detailed in From Hell to Heaven:  Saving Argus.  Argus spent 16 years of his life in a small pen with very little nutrition and was rescued from certain death by Katie at Watermark Farm.  Argus had a wonderful life with Katie and his friend Ridge.  Katie lost both Argus and Ridge in the same day.

If you can, please take some time to read through these blogs.




5 comments:

Deanna said...

I too, followed From Hell to Heaven: Saving Argus. What story! I agree with you telling folks to take the time to read it.
And now I'm going to click on your other recommendation.
Thanks!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sad sad stories indeed. I've followed along with both of those stories and blogs and it sure puts a reality onto this "virtual" past time that we call blogging.

~Lisa

Sam said...

We've lost so many good blogging friends too.

Sam

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Thanks for the tributes. It's so hard to lose loved ones.

Intense Guy said...

So sad. It always amazes me how well some bloggers express themselves - being amateur writers. They find a way to "connect" with you.


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails