Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Blip...

I had the best of intentions...I really was going to try to get posts up here more often.  Life interfered.  Just before Christmas, I got a cold that never really went away.  We got through the holidays and I continued to plan the banquet for 4H.  Around mid-January, I got really sick - 5 days of high fevers, vomitting, eating very little and basically bed ridden.  I went to the doctor and he diagnosed bacterial bronchitis.  Steroids and antibiotics prescribed.  We pulled the banquet off about 4 days after I went to the doctor (154 people!).  Finished the antibiotics and wasn't feeling better so back to the doctor.  Because of the back pain and shortness of breath, the doctor initially thought that I had a partially collapsed lung and sent me for a chest x-ray that night.  Turns out I had pneumonia pretty bad and if the next round of meds didn't work it was off to the hospital.  More steroids, a stronger antibiotic, 2 inhalers, pain meds, out of work for a few days.  I felt a little better each day but it basically took all of February and most of March to really start to feel better and not be conscious of every breath or lack thereof.  I'm finally getting back to the swing of things.

2 comments:

Sam said...

I was wondering what had happened. I'm glad you are on the mend!

Sam

Intense Guy said...

Ugh.. sounds like you've had a miserable rough time. Glad to see you are on the mend.


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails