Tuesday, January 15, 2008
The market right now...scary!
I have been reading articles sent to me by friends and acquantainces about the state of the horse market right now which is scary to me. There are all kinds of stories of people abandoning horses they can't afford to feed. I even remember a blurb from a news story where someone turned 5 horses loose on the edge of the Everglades. Boggles the mind...the auction has become an even sadder place when you see horses that don't even bet a $25 bid. And it changed so quickly!! Once slaughter became banned in the US, the market just sunk. I am still desperately trying to find a home for Taco and am trying to keep him off the meat truck. He's 18 and has some issues so it's been difficult to find someone that will even take him for free. I'm not even sure that he can get over his issues to become a riding pony. Please, as a responsible horse owner, train your horses!! It makes all the difference in the world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment