Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Stills Challenge - Flowers and Plants

This week's Sunday Stills Challenge is Flowers and Plants. This one was a slamdunk for me as I have a bunch of flowers blooming in my garden and it's one of my favorite things to photograph, especially with the SuperMacro setting on my camera. It was hard to choose the photos for this post. I tried to select pictures that were a bit different.

A tulip from a bouquet on my desk at work

The lilac bush outside of my front door (one of my favorite flowers). It's more pink than the traditional purple. The bumblebee was an added bonus.Morning dew on blades of grass

Climbing Hydrangea on my back fence. The plant uses the tendrils to attach itself. Water Lilies in my backyard pond A downed tree across a creek, covered with moss

A close up of the moss

To view more photos of flowers, please visit my Shutterfly site.

Check out other bloggers who participate in the Sunday Stills Challenge.

35 comments:

gtyyup said...

Beautiful shots!! Our lilac is just starting to get green buds...we're way behind you!

Ed said...

Great shots, the smell of lilacs are too good to pass up..:-)

threecollie said...

Very nice! I love the water lily leaves. I did some of those too, but really, yours are much nicer!

Andrea Baker said...

WOW those are really good. Its amazing the type of detail you can see with a macro. I'm amazed at the photo with the bee in it.

Anonymous said...

thanks for your comment :)
i like these, the water & lily one is great

Anonymous said...

Great choices Karen, I can't just smell the lilacs :), and I've not heard of a climbing hydrangea before, I'll have to check that one out. We just planted four lilac bushes. :)

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

just found your blog from northview diary. as i said in her blog, i love flowers and i find it great fun to see other bloggers flower photos. how long does your climbing hydrangea bloom? sounds beautiful!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Lovely photos! I like that mossy log. Your lilacs put mine to shame. My bush is only 2-3 feet tall and has just a few blossoms.

Tracey said...

I swear I can smell that lilac, and I'm jealous. Our plants are so late here that my daffodils have just now begun to fade and the lilac looks nowhere near ready.

Sherri said...

Beautiful shots. Love the downed tree shot.

lisa said...

The lilacs are pretty and fabulous pictures.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, I really love the tulip. We are SO far behind you I'm just jealous.

gigi said...

Beautiful and I love the bumble bee!

J9 said...

I love the tree and moss, but I love an invitation to cross that it portrays!

Anonymous said...

I love your shots. That tulip is awesome!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yay - another bee photo :-D

Flo said...

Beautiful pictures all of them.

Mine's up over at my photo blog.

~ Sara ~ said...

Very Nice! I just love the Lilac...

Andrea said...

Beautiful shots! Love the tulip! :)

Kelly said...

I can almost smell the lilac! Great photos!

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

beautiful photos! Love the tulip!

VioletSky said...

Cannot wait for the lilacs to come into their own sweet, sweet scent....

Esther Garvi said...

Those lilacs are beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the water lilies!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Gorgeous photos all! I liked the mossy downed tree. Sure wish I could climb right over it. Are there fish in that creek, too?
What a fun place to explore and linger.

The color of your tulip reminds me of a peach. So pretty!

~Lisa
word verification: kneesses (gah!)

Jessica said...

Your lilac bush is beating mine! ;) Loved all these shots! Especially the one with the bumble bee. The perfect spring time photo.

Anonymous said...

Ah, tulips and bees - two of my favs. The moss is a subject I would not have thought of - thank you for the insight!

WildBlack said...

Nice shots! The tulip shot is gorgeous! :D
Nivin

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos! I enjoyed seeing each one, my fav was the lilacs... I've asked for a bush for Mother's Day. :)
Great job!
~Joan @ MudRanch.com

Anonymous said...

I love the tulip :) Very nice job.

Unknown said...

Love the tree. I can picture adventurous little boys walking across it :)

Strawberry Lane said...

Beautiful! Especially love the tulip!

allhorsestuff said...

Oouu! loved all these selected and the inviting mossy tree...wish I could explore the other side!
The tulip looked so soft..loved the colour!
thanks for comin' by today~
Kac

Regular Guy said...

Your first shot is awesome, love that color. The tree across the creek was very nice too. Great job.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well done, a great series of photos! I also like the Lilac..ours have teeny tiny buds:)


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails