We stopped at a tack store on Saturday and these two moths were resting on the building, one on the window screen on one wall of the building, the other around the corner on a stucco wall. The weather has been very hot and humid so I imagine they were trying to get out of the heat of the day.
After several Google searches, I figured out what they are. Both are from the Wild Silk Moth family. In both species, the adults do not feed.
This is a Royal Walnut Moth



You can see other contributors to Macro Monday here.


13 comments:
how big is that first moth(?) - it looks HUGE! :O
eeep
awesome macros, you can see the tiny hairs on these guys!
Both moths were almost the size of my hand with their wings spread.
Awesome shots!! The orange one is pretty cool.
So totally cool. I love to come across moths. They are so very different from butterflies, with their furry little bodies.
Really nice shots., and I enjoyed your identification of both moths.
VERY,VERY COOL!!!! Great find..:-)
WooooW! Thats Huge! Great shots! love the details in the third shot! :D
WOWEEE! I've never seen such gorgeous moths, especially that wild silk moth. So amazing! You did an awesome job with the photos!
~Lisa
good detective work and great shots!
Way to go..these are awesome! thanks for sharing your discoveries!! :)
WOW! WOW! WOW! The first one is so beautiful, I have never seen a moth like that.
Holy cow, that Royal Walnut moth is stunning! So vibrant. Great capture, CTG!
Really cool - great shots!!!
Like the Woodstock story too. We had a Woodstock for awhile as well - a dove. It's fun when everyone plays together.
Post a Comment