Farms in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania Dutch Country on a hot and hazy day earlier this week
The crops growing in these pics are corn and alfalfa which are used as feed for the animals with excess sold at market.
I love driving through this area and seeing the rolling hills and farms.
View skies from all over our planet at Skywatch.





7 comments:
There are some beautiful stretches of road out there. You had a nice brilliant blue sky the day your took your drive.
Picture perfect countryside!!!
So much a part of Americana...farms. These are lovely.
You can really see by the variations in color how humans have utilized the land. I just finished reading a book about an Amish farm this morning, so this post was timely.
I sure agree! Love seeing the rolling hills with the farms that are kept up so nice looking (from a distance anyway!)
Hey, you were in my neck of the woods:) I never get tired of this landscape.
Beautiful country. My family comes from the Lancaster area and I had forgotten how pretty it is. Thanks.
Post a Comment