![]() |
| Shuffling into position |
![]() |
| Coming in for a landing |
![]() |
| Looking for the right spot |
![]() |
| Sunning themselves |
They have a huge wingspan, over five feet, and stretch their wings out to catch the morning sun. They will turn so that the sun can hit the entire wing. Really cool to see!




5 comments:
That is so cool! We used to be able to go to town and just before we would go across the bridge, there were trees that the vultures would be in and there would be around a dozen or so with their wings spread just soaking up the sun! An awesome sight but now they have cut down the trees and I really was lost when we couldn't see them like that again!
Those are neat shots! Especially the last one!
I saw my first and only turkey vulture a couple of years ago. I couldn't believe how BIG it was and here you have bunches of them sunning for you;)
Would I have your permission to use the "sunning vultures" picture on my blog, "The Gods Are Bored"? What a splendid photo! It made my day.
Excellent shots, I've been trying forever to get pics of them on the ground..:-))
Post a Comment