Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Peaceful

This weekend, I went to feed the horses in the morning by myself. I needed to do some routine clean up (manure is never in short supply!) so I decided to take advantage of the quiet. It was about 25 degrees, the sun was peeking out from behind the clouds, and I took a minute to just be. The air had the particular stillness that only comes from a cold clear winter day. There were birds singing in the trees accompanying the quiet munching of Diego and Jet by the hay rack. I realized then how peaceful it all was and I was reminded how much I really love having these critters. There was no where else that I wanted to be at the particular moment in time. Later, I spent time sitting in the hay with Pumpkin while he was laying down with his feet tucked up under him, enjoying the sun and his hay while Raider stood guard. I consider myself lucky that I have all of this in my life.

No comments:


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails