Friday, February 8, 2008
Spring?!?
I was scratching Diego today while he was standing around and noticed that he had a few hairs coming off. Could it be - could he be starting to shed?!? For me, that is the first true sign of spring. The forecast calls for snow flurries but the horses are starting to shed! The groundhog said 6 more weeks of winter but who believes him anyway? The weather this season has been very strange. 19 degrees with a 30 mph wind one week and 60 degrees and rain the next. Jet has had his blanket on more than off since he can't take getting wet. Good old Diego is impervious to the weather. Nothing seems to bother him. I'm so excited that the hair is starting to come off!! I'll have to remember to fill the suet feeders with horse hair for the birds. It's pretty cool to find a nest after the babies have left that is made out of hay, horse hair and baling twine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment