Sunday, February 10, 2008

Content Horses

Diego and Jet have really started to play now that Taco has left. Diego, of course, is in charge but Jet gets his licks in. It is so wonderful to see Diego playing with a buddy, especially at his age. He hollers up a storm if you take Jet out of his paddock and they are really like two peas in a pod. It's fun to just sit and watch them play. Yesterday, we free longed them in the ring with their halters on. Jet got a grip on Diego's halter right at the chin and Diego couldn't do anything. It gave me a chuckle. They even pick at each other while they canter around the ring. T rode Diego bareback to cool him out and she ponied Jet while I walked with them. I really love having these 2 horses together and I am enjoying the heck out of them!

The minis play all the time, especially when you turn them loose in the ring. That was how we knew that Pumpkin was starting to feel better when we first got him - he started to play. It was like his body focused all of its energy on getting enough sustenance. Once his nutrition improved, he started to really play with Raider. Those 2 are so funny when they get going. Pumpkin just tortures Raider and he's the faster of the 2.

I think we finally have the right mix of horses...

No comments:


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails