Monday, March 3, 2008

Early Spring Update

Pumpkin has lost his 2 front teeth!! I will try to get pictures since he looks so cute. He shed one cap on Saturday and the other was gone by Sunday. My poor toothless little guy. It doesn't seem to be affecting him much other than it must feel strange on his tongue. T and I have been working with him on his leadline skills. He tends to wander off and lead you the way a dog would so he is learning to lead where his handler goes.

Raider is his usual self - sometimes very sweet and sometimes very grumpy. I have been making a conscious effort to judge his mood and treat him accordingly - if he's grumpy, I need to be able to at least pet his face and if he's sweet, I spend lots of time just hanging with him. He gets plenty of exercise and plays quite a bit so I think it's just part of his personality.

Jet has become much friendlier and is a complete food grub. He will come across the pasture on the off chance that you might have a treat. He is fun to ride and is learning to relax when going any faster than a walk. We really like him and have decided that he's definitely a keeper.

Diego is shedding like crazy. Spring is definitely on its way! He's got a bit of a sore back. I'm not sure what he did to himself but he is definitely not his usual self. He will play with Jet but doesn't want to run around at all which is not the norm. T tacked him up to ride him yesterday and he took off at a canter and then started to buck. This horse absolutely does not buck so we knew something was up. Sure enough, once the saddle was off, we found a sore spot right in the middle of his back. I don't feel any swelling so I think maybe he just pulled something. Time off should definitely help and we'll keep an eye on him to make sure that he gets better.

3 comments:

Cedar View Paint Horses said...

You do know that I'm gonna kidnap Pumpkin. He's suck a CUTE little bugger.

Cedar View Paint Horses said...

Oops, kan't spel. SUCH a cute little bugger!

CTG Ponies said...

You'd have to stand in line!! Hubby will never let him go! Pumpkin has now taken to actually kissing you which is a little disconcerting. Such a cute thing!


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails