Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Stills Challenge - Self Portrait

This week's Sunday Stills Challenge - self portrait. I took this in the truck in the early morning while I was taking pics of the sunrise on the way to the barn. It was very cold (about 9 degrees) so I had lots of layers on. This was a hard one for me as I prefer to be behind the lens, not in front of it, especially as I get closer to the big 4-0 birthday this year.



18 comments:

Ed said...

Intense, nice use of B&W.

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

I love it...I love the perspective!

Andrea said...

Excellent photo...love the black & white. :)

Shirley said...

Well done! I too like the perspective.

The Wife said...

Nice job, love the B&W.

threecollie said...

That is really pretty and pensive. Great job!

gtyyup said...

Really nicely done! The black & white is great. 40's nothing...been there...50's not bad either ;~)

Paula said...

Nice! I love the black and white as well.

Janice said...

Excellent photo. Love the black and white, and the view outside the window is great.

Jen Mo said...

Great photo!!!! Love it!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

You look cold girl! hehe

Great shot, though.

I done passed 40....it's all downhill from there. lol!

~Lisa

CTG Ponies said...

Yup, took this one myself, holding the camera in my right hand while I used the 2-second timer. It was a lucky shot and really the only one that I took. Too dang cold to sit in the truck for very long and I had minis to feed.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Lisa.........and 40 is young yet!!! It's a great self portrait, the best I've seen so far.

~ Sara ~ said...

Great shot... if I tried to take one while in our farm truck I would have the "help" of two dogs who ride shot gun. :)

Pony Girl said...

I think it turned out great! Lovely coloring...it almost looks somewhat old-fashioned.

J9 said...

I like this - gives the eerie early morning feel!

Esther Garvi said...

I love it!

MariesImages said...

Excellent B&W, Nice background....did you use a timer??


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails