Thursday, April 30, 2009

Skywatch No. 42



American Redbud tree in full bloom. We planted this tree about 8 1/2 years ago and it was just a seedling, basically a stick. It's spectaculer in full bloom. The bright blue sky really set off the color of the flowers.



Check out skies from around the world at Skywatch Friday.

14 comments:

Girl Tornado said...

Love your photos, the pink is set off nicely by the blue sky! Such beautiful blossoms.

Leora said...

Love the pink on blue sky. So precious, when these trees bloom.

Tarolino said...

Absolutely wonderful flowers. I love magnolia trees but these flowers are just as pretty and they come to their right against a perfectly blue sky as you say. The whole composition is very enchanting.

Esther Garvi said...

Oh Gina, those are lovely! I wish I had a bouquet of them on my coffee table... Or even better, growing in my garden!

EG CameraGirl said...

I wish I could grow that tree in my yard! I'm one growing zone (Zone 4) too cold. Oh well! At least I can enjoy the photos of these lovely trees!

Carol said...

Oh that IS a beautiful tree...and a beautiful sky as well...

Unknown said...

Those are lovely shots!

Martha said...

Beautiful colors! I can't wait to see the PA sky in just 5 weeks!

Janie said...

The clear blue and the pink blossoms complement each other perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Only 8 years? That seems so fast! Lovely photos - the pink and the blue look so good together.

Lisa Wilson said...

You've had great success with that tree! Beautiful pics.

Linda said...

So beautiful. And interesting to read about your fluctuating temperatures in your post above. This tree must be pretty sturdy to cope with those.

Anonymous said...

I love redbud!

Erin said...

such a perfect Spring skywatch photo...i adore redbuds.
have a wonderful weekend.


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails