Three different dragonflies, taken at the same place within minutes of each other. We were splashing around in the creek, looking for fish...actually, Craig and T were looking for fish. I was wandering around taking pictures.
I always love seeing the splash or two of neon color on these guys. My daughter developed a fear of them this summer that is secretly keeping me entertained.
17 comments:
Too cool!!!! You're up early..:-)
awesome, love the wings :)
Lovely shots! these are also known as damselflys! :D
I always love seeing the splash or two of neon color on these guys. My daughter developed a fear of them this summer that is secretly keeping me entertained.
Nice shots. Love Dragonflies. :)
I love dragonflies! Great shots.
I love little dragonflies. I never manage to capture one here though they are quick little buggers. Great shots.
Beautiful shots you are one patient person.
Very good shots!
Lovely dragonfly! I used to be afraid of those when I was little... :-)
Great shots! I love the colors in the second one! :)
Oooh! These turned out so beautiful. What a fun surprise while looking for fish. hehe!
~isa
Nice shots!
WildBlack is correct, these are actually damselflies, which are often mistaken for dragonflies.
Dragonflies hold their double wings out straight, and damselflies hold them close to their body.
One of my naturalist friends wrote a book on damselflies and calls them Flying Neon Toothpicks. LOL.
I love seeing different dragonflies, thanks.
Beautiful! Your litle damsels are no distress, they are beautiful!
ronelle
Very nice job. I like your backgrounds too. Good job.
Very nice! I like the last one with the little lavendar whatever they are!
Post a Comment