Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Stills - Photoshop

This week's Sunday Stills Challenge is Photoshop - "...You don’t need a fancy program most of us just have a basic photo program and you can take a pic and play with the color and saturation to make an interesting pic..." I don't have Photoshop but I do use Picnik to edit photos. I typically don't do a whole lot of editing but I do like some of the effects. The corn crib, silos, and fields are from the farm that boarders the horse pasture.
Focal Zoom with JDR-ish effect - from last week's gymkhana
Focal Soften with Orton-ish effect
Focal B&W with some sharpening - from last week's gymkhana


Lomo-ish effect

Auto Enhance with HDR-ish effect
Matte effect - Zip

JDR-ish effect

Check out other bloggers who participate in the Sunday Stills Challenge.

23 comments:

VioletSky said...

The first one is pretty cool.
I signed up for Picnik, but haven't been able to figure it out yet... do you have the premium or the freebie?

Anonymous said...

Very interesting shots. I think the first one is my fav.

June said...

Wow! You can do a lot!
First one makes me feel a little dizzy, but that isn't bad...it's an effective *effect*!
I like the second picture best...for the moodiness of it.

Ed said...

Very nicely done the first is really cool..:-))

lisa said...

Great job!

Sherri said...

Great job. Love the first two -- they really grabbed me.

colleen said...

You did a great job, used alot of the same effects that I love. Also gave me ideas to try some different! wonderful.

Shirley said...

Don't know what all the "ish"s are that you mentioned, but they are really neat! Specially the first one.

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for the first one too. Amazing what one can do with software.

Holly said...

the second effect is my fav, great job!

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

great variation of uses.. I actually really enjoy using Picnik, it is a great option with so many cool options!

I like the silo shot the best!

CTG Ponies said...

Thanks for all of the comments!! I have to say that my favorite on is the 2nd one - the corn crib. The original picture is very ordinary and I don't think you would necessarily look at it twice. The layered affects really add to the photo. And the first one makes me dizzy too but it's a really cool effect for movement.

VioletSky - I have a basic Picnik for now. I don't do a whole lot of photo editing and it seems to work for me.

Shirley - the "ish's" are the effects on Picnik. There are some really cool ones that boost the colors and contrast.

restoration42 said...

WOW! I love what you did with your photos. The first one is just amazing. A great photo to start, your special effect has turned into something that is stunning.

Janice said...

Don't have a clue what any of you are talking about when you are explaining but what I do know is your pics are really good.

marleen said...

Great effects, the first is my favorite because the movement fits perfect with the horse...:-)

Kilauea Poetry said...

This is a nice selection I like that top one and the light coming through on the next. Is that some kind of water tank..nice as well as the horse and matte effect-

Patches said...

Beautiful pictures! I really like the one inside the barn!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

These are all great, but I'm diggin' that Orton-ish and HDR ish effects! Very nice. Gotta love that Picnik. I can see I'm going to have some serious fun with it, too. hehe!

I really like the Kanye West song 'Stronger', but only the beginning, because one of my fave shows is 'Jockeys'!

~Lisa

Ebie said...

Cool effects! I love the first shot too!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I like the first one with the trees raditing out like spokes of a wheel. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

i can't pick a favourite because i really like them all!

Toaster4JC said...

haha have to agree with Holly that the second one is my favorite. I love the softness of it. I also really enjoyed the 4th and 5th ones. Thanks for posting such great photos!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the one with the Matte finished edges..very interesting..well done:0


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails