Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Stills - Currency

This week's Sunday Stills Challenge is Currency.  Over the years, we have collected coins from all over the world.  Some were Craig's grandfather's, others we picked up here and there, and some relatives gave us from trips.  All three of us dug through the coins yesterday morning to see what we had.  We sorted them out by country and had a lot of fun trying to figure some of them out.  I decided to use US Currency for the Sunday Stills Challenge and showcase some of the other coins for Macro Monday.

The pile of coins, right out of the bag we stored them in


A Santa Dollar, and yes, it is really a dollar that you could spend if you wanted to


Buffalo Nickels


All of the US coins, featuring the Alaska state quarter from 2008


Half dollars and Silver Dollars


"What do you have in your pocket?"


Check out other bloggers who participate in the Sunday Stills Challenge.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a $100 bill that's for sure! LOL Nice job. :)

lisa said...

A Santa dollar, way cool!

Anonymous said...

oooooar you have lots of coins! :)
i like the composition of your last photo

Ed said...

Very cool, I had a fifty but that went last week..:-)

Tracey said...

Party at CTG's barn!

gtyyup said...

A Santa dollar??? Never heard of it...need to explain that one a lil' more!

Janice said...

A Santa dollar. That's different.

Holly said...

cool Santa dollar!

VioletSky said...

The Santa dollar looks the most fun your guys have with your money! That is cool.
But, is that really a stack of 100s? Some blogfest coming up!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! When you asked 'what do you have in your pocket' I was reminded of that credit card commercial, 'what do you have in your wallet'. lol!
Cool Santa Dollar. How'd you end up with that!

~Lisa

CTG Ponies said...

We bought the Santa dollars, believe it or not, at a grocery store before T was born. They were a charitable promotional thing and I believe that you can still get them.

And, no, it's not a stack of 100s - I wish! It was a single bill and such a rarity in our household that I thought I would snap a pic. The crumpled $5 and a bunch of change is more the norm.


Free Cowboy and Western Quotes
Related Posts with Thumbnails