![]() |
| Wispy clouds at sunrise |
![]() | |||||||||
| White barn (I think that's dried tobacco in a stack in the field - it's one of the crops this farm grows) |
![]() | ||
| Weathered barn and old Windows |
![]() |
| Western saddle on Maccabee |
![]() |
| Rosie napping in the sun near the Water in the pond |
View other Challenge participants here





13 comments:
Great shots..:-)
Wonderful shots!
I am curious. In the third shot, what do the symbols on the barn mean?
Gail,
Craig here...The symbols are Pa Dutch hex symbols. The white they are painted with are said to mean purity and positive energy. The six pointed star I am pretty sure symbolizes they were Dutch farmers. The arches of white are called witches windows said to keep out witches because they would think that the white painted around them were the actual window frame and they would bump their head and not get in. Also a frame around a door would be called a devil's door.
(W)ell done!
All very interesting photos. Well done! I LOVE the red barn.
I love the old barn with the hex signs. Great job. :)
Love the old barn!
I just love that old barn! I love the stone side of it, too.
Good collection!
these are lovely!
Well done!
Love the old barn, and enjoyed reading above about the symbolism used by the Dutch.
Gotta go with everyone else, the barn is it. Nice pictures.
Post a Comment